GEM-EXPRESS is a sophisticated
& state-of-art solution specifically designed to automate the front
office, delivery and back office operations of courier agencies.
Using a powerful module that works on a hand held PDA device, the
courier personnel can generate labels directly at the customer site.
Real time interface with the back office ensures correct pricing.
- PDA device to capture the real time on-field operations.
The device is equipped to
- Connect to central server (using maybe GPRS)
- Barcode scanning
- Retrieves and updates consignment details
- Updating the status of the consignment
- Prints labels that are used for collection and delivery
- Print labels to be pasted on the parcel
- Integration with 3rd Party couriers such as DHL, FedEx
- MIS and report generation
- Flexible Pricing models with tax calculations for different
- Customer Web Portal
The customer web portal provides the following facilities
to the customers:
- Book a new consignment and request for a pickup
- Bulk upload of consignments through Excel file
- Real-time Tracking of a consignment
- A contact, once created need not be typed again
and can be reused easily
- Indicative Cost calculations are available during
booking an order.
- Periodic, Fast Track booking and Bullet Service Management
- Account receivables management
- Address book management
- Coordinator - When a new booking is made, based
on the phone number of the caller, the respective zone
courier is alereted and is given the contact information
- Sorter - During the sorter process, the sorter would
scan each parcel bar code as a part of the consignment
tracking. Also zone-based manifests would be printed
- Deliver - before leaving the hub for deliveries,
the sorter would need to reconfirm the consignments
that he is supposed to carry. He scans the bar code
of each of his parcel. The system would alert him if
he is about to take out a wrong consignment
- Cash On Delivery (COD) collection and WayBill designed
for courier service
The process flow
- Customer request for a consignment delivery
- A courier (pre-decided zone) receives a call on
his mobile device from the hub. He arrives with a stack
of bar coded receipts
- First he scan a blank receipt with his mobile device
and then keys-in the consignee details (and payments
if any) into the device.
- He then connects to the central server and uploads
- Once the server accepts the operation, the courier
fills in the receipt with payment details, signs it
and hands it over to the customer.
- The consignment is picked up to the sorter location
and routed based on the destination.
- All tracking and monitoring can be done through
the PDA or customer web portal.