Position Name: Senior Database Developer
Years of Experience: 5 to 7 Years
Looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior MS SQL Server DB Engineer to drive the development, operations, and performance monitoring and optimization of SQL Server databases.
- Provide Design & Engineering expertise for a highly loaded mission critical MS SQL Server database.
- Automate build and operations functionality, delivered through in-house and third-party tools to achieve uninterrupted DBMS Operations
- Develop new and optimize performance of existing queries and stored procedures.
- Provide database best practices & standards, performance testing and R&D to application developers.
- Provide mentoring and leadership and act as technical escalation point for DBA’s and software engineers.
Candidate Skills (must have)
- 5+ years’ experience as an MS SQL Server Database DBA (plan, build, operate) and/or SQL Developer in mission-critical multi-GB database environments.
- Experience with Engineering and Automating large transactional and analytical database systems with exacting availability, security, and performance SLAs including design, coding, unit testing, and release management. Experience with SQL Server database internals.
- Expertise with T-SQL, with hands on experience in developing SQL queries, stored procedures, packages, scheduling, and performance tuning of queries.
- Knowledge of database architectural design and performance assessments.
- Strong knowledge of data modelling concepts along with designing and implementing data models to support data transformation processes including understanding database schemas, data normalization, and denormalization techniques.
- Should have skills in data cleaning, filtering, aggregating, and merging data from multiple sources.
- Should have excellent knowledge in data warehouse / data lake technologies and business intelligence concepts.
- Experience in cloud data eco system specifically with Azure DB.
- Must have understanding and experience of ETL processes and tools including extracting data from various sources, transforming it into the desired format, and loading it into a data warehouse or database.
- Self-motivation and the ability to learn and apply new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration frameworks including Azure Dev Ops with understanding of Azure Pipeline for Build, Test and Deployment.
- Knowledge of Agile development process with understanding of release/spring planning process and scrum. Ability to work using agile development practises like extreme programming and kanban applying TDD and BDD as required.
Candidate Skills (Preferred)
- Experience with other data platforms: Azure SQL, NoSQL, Data and Software Migration off RDBMS, AWS DBs (e.g., RDS)
- Experience with SQL Server stack on virtualized platforms
- Experience in Maritime Domain